Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 to look Forward to

Dubai Shopping Festival

While there are countless shows and activities going on, DSF to me means 3 things- Amazing fireworks, The JBR Funfair (thanks for my bear Rami!) and shopping, obvs! I’m choosing to ignore the conspiracy theorists who say that the bargains aren't as good as they seem. This is one of the few occasions where I can do some guilt-free ‘investment shopping’ and I won’t let anyone rain on my parade. If you're doing the same, these rules usually keep me out of trouble:

-Avoid malls on Fridays-That’s when the children are out. You’ll regret it. Trust me.

-Don’t buy it just because it’s cheap- I’ve done it and cursed myself 6 months later when I still haven’t worn it.

-Take a friend who knows your style -hours of exposure to fluorescent lighting can make you delirious.




Amy Winehouse Live in Dubai

Oh Amy! I’ve been a fan since ‘Frank’ but it is with more than a hint of trepidation that I will purchase my ticket to go and see you perform live in Dubai. Personal issues aside, Amy Winehouse is a superb vocalist who, like so many before her seems haunted by her talent. Here’s hoping she’s able to keep the ghosts at bay on February 11th when she performs at Dubai Festival City Concert Arena. General admission is AED 300 and tickets can be purchased from timeouttickets.com and at Virgin Megastore.




MAC and Wonder woman

Just yes. MAC cosmetics has been getting very good at choosing themes and icons on which to base their collections. There was Fafi, Hello Kitty, Disney Villains and now- Wonder Woman! I’m not ashamed to say that I let out a little squeal of delight when I found out. The collection launches in the US in March so hopefully we won’t have much longer to wait. I love that the packaging is covered in bold hues and cool, retro artwork. The makeup itself is inspired by an early 70s aesthetic. Think fresh face with hints of impactful colour.


Adele’s new Album

She released 19 back in 2008 and now we get 21, her much anticipated sophomore album. Follow ups to successful debuts are always difficult but if ‘Rolling in the Deep’ and ‘Someone like You’ are anything to go by, I don’t think she has much to worry about. People tend to put Adele and Duffy in the same box but to me Adele just seems more gritty and real. I guess you can take the girl out of Brixton but you’ll hear it in her voice…


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment