Sunday, March 20, 2011

Double Denim

It’s one of those trends that divides opinions but from the Catwalks to Street Style, it’s evident that double denim has taken the sartorial world by storm. I live in denim. When I’m not wearing my denim jacket over a little sun dress, I’m usually in my skinny jeans but I’ve never been tempted to double up on my denim. I feel the time has come to give it a whirl.

The first time you wear denim head to toe, chances are you'll feel like you're doing something wrong. the key is to wear different washes with the darker wash on the bottom. We all remember the Britney and Justin denim disaster of 2001. Let’s not repeat that. Also, try to break up all the blue with some feminine accessories like a long delicate necklace, a great cocktail ring or an unstructured shoulder bag. Most importantly, have fun with it and make it your own. Its versatility is one of the reasons why we all love denim so much. Alexa Chung was recently pictured in Vogue working the look to perfection as usual.

Photo: Danny Martindale/WireImage

To celebrate the trend, Bambah vintage Boutique is hosting an in store Denim on Denim event on Tuesday the 22nd March. The boutique will be transformed into a vintage denim haven for the day. Get stuck into racks upon racks of unique skirts, jackets, waistcoats and jeans (of course). If you’re new to vintage, Denim is a great way to start. You’ll get the thrill of owning a one off piece coupled with the benefit that it’ll easily slot into your wardrobe.

See you there!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment