Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jamie’s Italian


Last week some girl friends and I went along to Jamie’s Italian in Festival City. I was excited to go and try it out. I’ve been a Jamie Oliver fan since his Naked Chef days so this was a big deal for me. As we walked in, we were greeted by the usual suspects- exposed brick, wood burning oven and fresh produce on display. I had a good feeling about the dinig experience that awaited us. We sit down and the first thing we notice is that there’s no bread basket (gasp). The manager did his best to explain that there’s an issue the bread recipe and they can’t get the right flour and they have to import it. I zoned out due to low blood sugar. I hadn’t eaten yet. We decide to put the incident behind us and order. Our waitress seemed nice enough but she walked off mid order to attend another table and then wandered back to us as if nothing had happened. The starters were great but the service and the food got progressively worse. The food wasn’t awful but if you’re paying Dhs 90 for a burger, it should be spectacular and it wasn’t. Also, there was no tiramisu as there are yet to obtain the required license.
In spite of all this I haven’t given up on Jamie’s Italian just yet. Next time we go, we’ll probably just order a bunch of starters and share them. They’re much better than the main courses. Also, it might be better to wait until after they’ve actually launched. Hopefully they will have ironed out their kinks by then.
.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment