Thursday, March 31, 2011

You and Me


Ok, I know I’ve posted about Blue Valentine before but I came across this video a couple of weeks ago and I thought I’d share it. The song is called ‘You and Me’ by a group called Penny and the Quarters and it’s set against the backdrop of some poignant scenes from the film.
Apparently Ryan Gosling came across the track by chance and convinced Derek Cianfrance the director, to feature it in the movie as the song that makes the couple fall in love.
Very little is known about the group other than that they were 4 teenagers from Columbus, Ohio. They recorded the track in the early seventies and shortly after that completely feel off the map. Now, forty years later, no one knows what became of them and efforts are being made to track down any surviving relatives. It’s sad that they aren’t around to see the fruits of their labour but it’s also nice to be reminded that great music endures.
It’s not cheesy, just innocent and hopeful. I’ve been listening to it on repeat.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment