Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brownies make it Better

I was browsing one of my favourite feminist blogs yesterday and I came across this ad for Sugar in the Raw. It was originally published in a food magazine called Bon Appétit. Regardez…(click to enlarge)

Obviously, the staunch feminists were all up in arms about it but they need to chill. Yes, I could definitely sit here and wax poetic about how the ad talks down to women, trivialises the emotional fallout out of a break- up and glosses over the seriousness of infidelity, but I won’t. In a month (yes, month) dedicated to rosy-cheeked weapon wielding toddlers and gaudy displays of affection, it provides some welcome comic relief. Who cares whether or not these brownies can fix you when you’re broken in the heart. The fact is it’s pretty funny and extremely effective because I’ve been craving that brownie since I laid my eyes on it.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment